Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Combining Flash Animation and ActionScript 3 using Flash CSS and Flash Builder 4.6 or 4.7

I've always wanted to control a animated character in Flex as my development platform and Flash as my design platform.  In-other-words, I wanted to be able to create Flash games using Flex.  The other reason is to create animated skins.  Using the following articles, I was able to accomplish both.  Keep in mind, that some of the features mentioned in Dan's article are now deprecated in Flash.  With that, I was still able to accomplish everything I wanted using the articles below. 

When I get more time, I'll explain my approach and share some sample code.  I wanted to be able to not just jump to frame, but play a section of animation.  For now check out the links below:

How to display a Flash Animaiton in Flex (Stack Overflow coming through again).

This article is inspired by the following article:
Combining animation and ActionScript using Flash Professional CS5 and Flash Builder 4 by
Dan Carr

No comments: